How does this blog work?
We’ve set it up so any member of the community can submit content to the blog. Your stories will be shared not only on the main blog but also within your own personal profile page – in essence, allowing you to host your own micro-blog on the site!
So anyone can contribute?
The only requirement is that you’re a member of the community. All contributions will be reviewed by our leadership team before being published.
What types of articles are appropriate?
We love original content including trip recaps, local beta, and community news. If you represent a company or organization please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on best practices for sharing your content.
Submissions must be between 400 and 1500 words. You must include a header photo. Photos may not be bigger than 1000px wide or 1000px high.
Credits & Tags
- You may not post words or photos that you do not have permission to post.
- If you “Tag” your own name (exactly as it appears on your user profile) the posts will appear on your profile!
Using this blog for commercial purposes is not allowed.
- Create a wordpress account: https://mappyhour.org/blog/wp-login.php?registration
Important** Username must be your name exactly as it appears on your main MH profile including the space between your first and last name.
Example username: Mappy Hour (not MappyHour, not mappyhour, not mappy-hour)
2. You’ll receive an email, click the link, reset your password, login.
3. Head to the submissions landing page: https://mappyhour.org/blog/submissions/
4. After including your photos, maps, and writing don’t forget to:
- Tag yourself using your full name as it appears on your profile.
- include a header image
5. Submit to review
Please start by reading “Submitting”, as that will cover basic WordPress questions
- How do I go from Visual to Text Editor?
- How do I add a Google Map?
- Copy the URL of the Google Map you want to embed
- Go to Text Editor
- Paste this code where you want the map to be:
maps/d/embed?mid= 1N1rcSJYd70A2YJFduxWX6rZW0ZM” width=”640″ height=”480″></iframe></ center><center></center>
- Replace the hyperlink with your hyperlink
- What tags should I use?
- You want to use your name as it appears on the main Mappy Hour site (Go to mappyhour.org/yourname and see what your name is)
- Similarly the chapter name has to be the same as it’s written on the mappyhour.org/chapters page. For example: New York City will work and NYC will not work
- I submitted my post but it’s not on the site. Did I do something wrong?
- Probably not, all posts must be approved by an Editor (these are your Chapter Leaders) so just sit tight until someone has a chance to review it.