About meHi! My name is Kaitlyn, and I am a photojournalist currently based in Annapolis, but splitting my time between a photo job in D.C. and a scuba job on Kent Island. I'm originally from the northshore of Massachusetts, so I grew up hiking, camping, skiing, teaching horseback riding, kayaking, etc. I went to college at RIT in upstate New York and after my junior year interned at AARP in D.C. Honestly, I didn't intend on falling in love with the area, I always pictured myself out in Colorado conquering 14'ers, but I've grown to love D.C. and the Chesapeake Bay Watershed. I would love to learn your favorite places to get outside in the DMV and make some friends to join me on my many impromptu adventures! I am also a scuba diver so if you would ever like to get out to some good sites in the area, give me a shoutout!
- Reason for joining
- I want to meet people who also enjoy the outdoors and would like to go on adventures with me!
- What is your favorite outdoor sport?
- Hiking or scuba diving
- Where do you dream about adventuring?
- Diving between the tectonic plates in Silfra Iceland
- What is your favorite local adventure?
- Great Falls
- What do you want to learn more about?
- Climbing and spelunking
- What are three words that describe why you love the outdoors?
- environmentalism, peace, excercise