About meDale Blasingame is a social journalism professor in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas. In his free time, Dale is an avid hiker and traveler. He recently visited all 95 state parks in one year and wrote for each issue of Texas Parks and Wildlife Magazine in 2016. He was named one of Texas Highways Magazine's Extraordinary Texans for 2016. His dog, Lucy, joins him on trips and loves to hike and climb rocks. Now he's visiting all 400+ national park properties.
Industry SegmentRugged Outdoorsperson
- Reason for joining
- I want to be with my fellow lovers of the outdoors.
- What is your favorite outdoor sport?
- Where do you dream about adventuring?
- New Zealand
- What is your favorite local adventure?
- Gorman Falls at Colorado Bend State Park
- What are three words that describe why you love the outdoors?
- Relaxing, adventure, beauty