Full datetime event:
StartSaturday, September 24, 2022 1:00 pm
EndSunday, September 25, 2022 3:00 pm
Join Mappy Hour on our annual foray into the secluded backwoods for a fall foliage campout. Surrounded by a running creek and leaf-peeping aspen groves, this private property nestled in the mountains is only 1-hour away from downtown Denver, which lends itself well to campfire stoking, whiskey drinking, and sleeping under the stars.
Add to that, this Choose Your Own Adventure trip is a mecca for any outdoor enthusiast. Access to private and public hiking trails abounds, world-class South Platte climbing is out the back door, with on-site and nearby single-track biking trails and renowned trout fishing within minutes. Did we also mention the roaming Great Pyrenees and alpacas on the grounds for added nature therapy?
- Please register for yourself only! We want to ensure an accurate RSVP/headcount.
- Dogs are allowed - please let us know if you’re bringing your furry friend.
- Campfires are allowed, and we’ll bring the firewood.
- There will be porta pottie available.
- There is no shower, no water and no waste available. You must pack in all of your water and pack out all of your trash.
We'll be checking in to camp at 1:00PM and heading out for adventures at 2:00PM on Saturday, with more optional adventures following on Sunday.
- Connecting you with other outdoor enthusiasts
- Private camping ground for our group
- Giveaways from Mappy Hour sponsors, including, Arc'teryx and National Geographic.
- Sierra Nevada Beer
- Saturday Snack Bags and wood-fired pizza for dinner
CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE OPTIONS...
HIKING: Stephanie will plan a LONG dayhike to chase leaf peeping on Sunday, September 25th to either Kenosha Pass North or Abyss Trail to Helms Lake (11 miles each: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/colorado/abyss-trail-to-helms-lake?u=m)
There are several trails nearby for easy and moderate hikes. Choose Your Own Trail!
GRAVEL + MOUNTAIN BIKING: Play on 30 miles of remote dirt roads, gravel roads and single track trails in Bailey, CO. Miller Gulch is a fun one for gravel grinders (https://www.gravelbikeadventures.com/route/miller-gulch-gravel-ride).
FISHING: This area hosts world-class South Platte fishing at the bottom of shelf-road and throughout the area (https://www.uncovercolorado.com/fishing-near-bailey-fairplay-co/).
CLIMBING: You can also visit the South Platte Area page for more information about climbing in the area.
Good Times Sponsored by SIERRA NEVADA
Sierra Nevada is helping us enjoy outdoors this fall. We're so excited to have their brews provided for the weekend!
Header photo by Heather Smith from last year's fall foliage campout