Wisconsin Camping Weekend with Arc'teryx
Full datetime event:
StartFriday, August 25, 2023 3:00 pm
EndSunday, August 27, 2023 11:00 am
Address: S91W39091 WI-59, Eagle, WI 53119
Let's car camp up in Wisconsin, ya'll ⛺
Join Mappy Hour Chicago and Arc'teryx Chicago for a late summer car camping trip up in Wisconsin at the Kettle Moraine State Forest - Southern Unit campground.
We'll camp in the Wisconsin Northwoods – with day hikes, hanging out by the bonfire, campsite yoga sessions, dinners around the campfire, and quiet nights under the stars. We've taken care of the campsite reservation – you just have to show up for the fun.
Big thanks to our local sponsor Arc'teryx Chicago for supporting this event.
- Friday, Aug 25 – Arrive at Kettle Moraine - Southern Unit campground (after 3pm)
- Sat, Aug 26 – Hike, yoga, cooking demo, beer tasting, hangout, enjoy camp
- Sun, Aug 27 – Casual morning at the campsite, then head home (~11am)
Free weekend activities:
- Group hike
- Yoga session at the campsite
- Camp cooking demo w/ a seasoned camp chef
- Beer tasting with Sierra Nevada Brewing
- All meals included
What we'll provide:
- Campsite reservation (Group site)
- Arc'teryx swag bag for all campers
- All meals
- Community shelters for hangouts
- Fun times and new friends
- Packing list recommendations at least 2 weeks before trip
- Free Sierra Nevada beer and N/A beer options
What you'll need:
- Transportation to + from the campground (from Chicago)
- Hiking and outdoor attire
- Money for parking pass (or) Wisconsin parks pass (if you drive)
- Camping gear (tent, chair, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, etc.)
Reach out to MH Chicago chapter lead: Erica Zazo (erica.zazo at gmail.com)
Weather / Refund Notice
Refunds will not be provided, even in the event of rain. We plan to camp rain or shine, and will have shelters to stay dry in the event of inclement weather.
We will tentatively have transportation to and from Chicago (leaving Friday night, returning Sunday morning. Beyond group transit, we'll also offer carpool rides. Details still TBD – stay tuned.