Full datetime event:
StartSaturday, September 23, 2023 10:30 am
EndSunday, September 24, 2023 12:00 pm
Join Mappy Hour and Arc'teryx for our annual foray into the secluded backwoods for a late summer campout. Surrounded by a running creek, open skies and leef-peepin' aspen groves this private property nestled in the mountains is only 1-hour away from downtown Denver, which lends itself well to campfire stoking, beer drinking, and sleeping under the stars.
Add to that, this Choose Your Own Adventure trip is a mecca for any outdoor enthusiast. Access to private and public hiking trails abounds, world-class South Platte climbing is out the back door, with on-site and nearby single-track biking trails and renowned trout fishing within minutes. Did we also mention the roaming Great Pyrenees and alpacas on the grounds for added nature therapy?
- 10:30AM Campground open to check-in, set-up gear
- 11:00AM Hands-on map reading and navigation workshop with our friends at NOLS
- 1:00PM If you're looking for buddies to go out on a ride, hike, swim etc. with, we'll meet up at 1PM to split into groups
- 7:00PM Pizza Party begins with brews by Sierra Nevada (of course)
- 10:00PM Quiet hours begin (because we're great camp neighbors!)
- 9:00AM Yoga and meditation
- 10:00AM Breakfast is served
- 11:00AM Pack up camp
- 11:30AM Leave on adventures!
- 12:00PM Must be out of camp
- Please register for yourself only! We want to ensure an accurate RSVP/headcount.
- Dogs are allowed - please let us know if you’re bringing your furry friend.
- Campfires are allowed, and we’ll bring the firewood.
- There will be porta pottie available.
- There is no shower, no water and no waste available. You must pack in all of your water and pack out all of your trash.
- We'll be checking in to camp at 10:30AM and heading out for group adventures at 1pm on Saturday, with more optional adventures following on Sunday.
- We need to be out of camp at 12 on Sunday
- You can car camp if you have a set-up and want to sleep 'inside'
- Connecting you with other outdoor enthusiasts
- Private camping ground for our group (includes parking - please drive slowly!)
- Giveaways from Mappy Hour sponsors, including, Arc'teryx and National Geographic.
- Sierra Nevada Beer
- Saturday Snack Bags, pizza for dinner and Sunday breakfast
- Sunday morning yoga class
CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE OPTIONS...
HIKING: There are several trails nearby for easy and moderate hikes. A group will head for an out and back hike on the Colorado Trail at noon on Saturday from the campground.
GRAVEL + MOUNTAIN BIKING: Play on 30 miles of remote dirt roads, gravel roads and single track trails in Bailey, CO. Miller Gulch is a fun one for gravel grinders.
FISHING: This area hosts world-class South Platte fishing at the bottom of shelf-road and throughout the area
CLIMBING: You can also visit the South Platte Area page for more information about climbing in the area.
- Dinner on Saturday is included
- Breakfast on Sunday is included
- We'll also have goodie bags with snacks!
There will be vegetarian, nut-free options for both meals. If you are a vegan or gluten-free, please plan to bring your own food.
Weather / Refund Notice
Refunds will not be provided, even in the event of rain. We plan to camp rain or shine, and will have shelters to stay dry in the event of inclement weather.
We can't promise anything. But here are photos from the same spot, same weekend last year.
Big thanks to our local sponsor Arc'teryx Denver for supporting this event ❤️.
Picture credit: Ryan Calacson from last weekend's Campout with Arc'teryx in Chicago!