Full datetime event:
StartFriday, October 1, 2021 3:30 pm
EndSunday, October 3, 2021 11:00 am
Only an hour and 45 minutes away from downtown Denver, Mappy Hour invites you to join us in an enchanting private valley tucked away deep within the Pike National Forest, bordering the unparalleled Lost Creek Wilderness.
Originally Colorado’s first Girl Scout camp for over 50 years, this sprawling 360-acre ranch is home to near-primitive camping. World-class South Platte climbing is literally out the back door, with on-site and nearby single-track biking trails and renowned trout fishing within minutes.
We will have private access trails into Lost Creek Wilderness. Wildlife is constantly teeming everywhere, and we have multiple creeks flowing year-round. The ranch is managed by two avid outdoors-people, who are quite knowledgeable about the area and its offerings.
Please register for yourself only! We want to ensure an accurate RSVP/headcount before September 22nd.
Sierra Nevada is helping us enjoy outdoors this summer, we're so excited to have their brews available for the weekend!
This is like a forest service campground but on private land.
- There will be waste bins, potable water, and compostable toilets.
- There is no shower available.
- You can fill up water containers from a spigot right as you enter the ranch. The ranch manager will help us with this water-fill location. Please make sure to drink lots of water because of the altitude (we are located at 8000’).
- No firearms of any kind can be brought onto the property. There is also no hunting or shooting allowed.
- Please make sure to keep all food in bear bins or in your car in coolers when you are not eating. We do have animals around and have had bears visiting the area before.
CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE OPTIONS...
HIKING: We will have direct, and private access into the Lost Creek Wilderness off Wigwam Creek. Jeremy is likely going to plan a LONG and STRENUOUS Day-Hike (out-and-back) to the Wilderness on Saturday, October 2
GRAVEL + MOUNTAIN BIKING: There are single-tracks on the property, with forest road riding options as well. You can also go to the Buffalo Creek / Little Scraggy area where there are tons of fantastic trails to ride.
FISHING: This area hosts world-class South Platte fishing at the bottom of shelf-road and throughout the area of Deckers. You can also fish at Cheesman Reservoir, about 5 miles from the property.
PADDLING & SWIMMING: Options available at Wellington Lake. Please visit https://www.castlemountainrec.com/day-use-1 for more information
- Leave No Trace
- Control Pets. The owners of this property allow pets on leashes.
- Please Limit Noise
- Dispose of human waste responsibly
- Dispose of garbage, recycling, & compost responsibly
- Be Fire Safe
Campfires are allowed at this property. (Firewood provided, Firepit) — Fires allowed in established, designated fire rings/pits. Please do not build your own fire pit here! We do not allow wood from outside locations due to potential insect issues, but the property manager offers bundles for $3-5 of our local wood, or you are welcome to bring charcoal/gas alternatives. PLEASE be fire safe, and always check state and local fire regulations before having a campfire and know how to properly extinguish your fire.