About meBorn and raised in New York. Originally from the south shore of Long Island and moved into New York City at 19 years old, it was quickly adopted as a new home. Over the next decade or so struggled to find the balance required to be considered both a New Yorker and an outdoorsman when so often these things are set apart as mutually exclusive. Through personal adventures and work at The Appalachian Mountain Club, have been able to reconcile these two identities, which once seemed in so much conflict. Now on a mission to educate, and help other outdoor-curious folk find their balance living in a high-rise and making the outdoors their playground.
You can find me around New York giving presentations about outdoor related topics, or on the trail - when I'm not out with friends or doing my own thing I'm teaching or leading a group on some new backcountry adventure. My down time is spent planning trips and working on new ways to explore and share the outdoors with others. Feel free to check it out the links to my social or shoot me a message, I'm always happy to meet new people and get out on a trail with them.
Industry SegmentRugged Outdoorsperson
- What is your favorite outdoor sport?
- Backpacking/Cycling - It's a tie.
- Where do you dream about adventuring?
- Anywhere and everywhere in the world, as long as there are good people, good food, and good stories to tell.
- What is your favorite local adventure?
- Backpacking in Harriman State Park - So easy to get to for us city folk.
- What do you want to learn more about?
- Cultures around the world, and a deeper understanding of outdoor skills.
- What are three words that describe why you love the outdoors?
- Freeing, Calming, Rejuvenating