About meBorn and raised in north Florida, I grew up in the Scouts and the swamps, rivers and occasional mountains of the region. Picked up some distance running, taken to trails, marathon, and Ragnar races. Moved to San Francisco several years ago for The Nature Conservancy, and have since moved onto The North Face. The variety of outdoor activities in the area make the city a unique center for outdoorsmanship that's hard to replicate anywhere!
Industry SegmentCasual Enthusiast
- Reason for joining
- Scouts and the outdoors shaped who I am, and the skills that Mappy Hour focuses on feels like an extension and growth of that.
- What is your favorite outdoor sport?
- Trail running or hiking
- Where do you dream about adventuring?
- Bucket list is to visit all the national parks, but the furthest flung - Samoa, Tortuga, Alaska - are especially exciting
- What is your favorite local adventure?
- Golden Gate Park through to Batteries to Bluff trail in the city, Pinnacles NP is a small gem outside of it
- What do you want to learn more about?
- Coming from N. Florida, I have no experience with snow!
- What are three words that describe why you love the outdoors?
- Wild - Pristine - Manageable