About meNative NYer who enjoys adventures both in and outside of New York City. Like exploring, hiking, kayaking, SUP, and cross country/down hill skiing. Also continue to enjoy NYC as tourist in my hometown when I can. Finishing a Master of Science Maritime transportation and logistics at the SUNY Maritime College. Looking forward to meeting other outdoorsy people to go on adventures with. Also have started a facebook group for gay/queer men who enjoy the outdoors and adventures, NYC Guys Outside, if anyone is interested feel free to join on facebook.
Biggest outdoor adventures include backpacking the Camino de Santiago from Leon to Santiago de Compestela in northern Spain with my study abroad class in undergrad. Grew up hiking in the Shawangunks of New York, Connecticut River Valley, Vancouver Island, and since then skied in Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, and the Catskills. Also a graduate of the University of Vermont in Burlington, Vermont!
Industry SegmentCasual Enthusiast
- Reason for joining
- To meet new people who share a love of getting outside, and hopefully find more adventure buddies for skiing, hiking, kayaking, and exploring!
- What is your favorite outdoor sport?
- Maybe cross country skiing, or hiking
- Where do you dream about adventuring?
- The himalayas, redoing the Camino, Andes, Indonesia, Malaysia, Newfoundland, Arctic, Prince Rupert,
- What is your favorite local adventure?
- Shawangunks, CT River Estuary, Vermont, Maine
- What do you want to learn more about?
- Paddleboarding, backpacking, adventuring, outdoor film festivals
- What are three words that describe why you love the outdoors?
- Adventure, determination, awe