Bike Day of Service: Where the Wild Things Grow
Full datetime event:Saturday, January 21, 2023From 8:30 am to 1:00 pm
Chicago, IL 60630
Join us Sat, Jan 21 for a group bike ride + day of stewardship 🚲🌲
We're partnering with Arc'teryx Chicago and Out Our Front Door (OOFD) for a group bike ride and day of volunteer service at LaBagh Woods.
On this trip, we'll not only explore the city by bike... but end up at a local Forest Preserve to help with trail stewardship as a part of OOFD's Where The Wild Things Grow programming.
6-mile guided bike route to LaBagh Woods. Upon arrival, we will complete trail stewardship work, working to beautify the area. The stewardship work will run from 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
- 8:45 AM – Meet up at Arc'teryx Bucktown store to mingle, enter in Arc'teryx raffles, and fuel up with drinks
- 9:00 AM – Depart for LaBagh woods (guided ride)
- 9:45 AM – Arrive LaBagh woods for Day of Service
- 10:00 AM – Stewardship work with Cook County Forest Preserves team
What to Bring
- Working bike
- Spare tube
- Bike lock
- Gardening gloves (option if you have them)
- Long pants + closed-toe shoes
- Hard work ethic
- Jacket, hat, gloves (depending on weather)
About Where the Wild Things Grow
OOFD's Where the Wild Things Grow, a local stewardship program focused on community day of service events centered on environmental conservation.
Where the Wild Things Grow aims to assist & create native corridors that represent the natural heritage of the landscape of which our trails belong to. We help to build a network of natural pathways for animals, insects, plants, and bicyclists which lead to nature preserves and native open lands.