About meFavorite outdoor kicks: day hiking, backpacking, and camping. Also love rafting, canoening, and kayaking. I've been involved in outdoor leadership in local outdoor groups, summer camps, Boy Scouts, and have been licensed to guide hikes and camping in NYS. Favorite places to hike: Shawangunks, Catskills, Adirondacks. Enjoy teaching about and discussing packing, gear, and Leave No Trace ethics. Looking to expand my range beyond my NY backyard.
Industry SegmentRugged Outdoorsperson
- Reason for joining
- I've been attending Mappy Hour for years and would like to keep the connections I make there alive.
- What is your favorite outdoor sport?
- Where do you dream about adventuring?
- US national parks in Northwest, New Zealand, Swiss Alps
- What is your favorite local adventure?
- hiking and rock scrambling in Mohonk and Minnewaska Preserves
- What do you want to learn more about?
- solo backpacking, local trails in Long Island, other backcountry sports (paddle trips, snowshoeing, etc.)
- What are three words that describe why you love the outdoors?
- beauty, calm, challenge
LocationGreater New York City area