Thanks to all who joined Mappy Hour: Adventure in the Five Boroughs! For those who missed it, here’s the top 5 spots in each borough, according to Mappy Hour Founder Sarah Knapp. If you want more in-depth suggestions and itineraries, join the Mappy Hour Pro Membership here.
Staten Island Pick: The Greenbelt
- 80 miles of trails
- Really feel like you’re away from the city
- Lots of greenery!
- Hard to access via public transit
- Staten Island has a different … vibe.
2. Manhattan Pick: Riverside Rings
- Accessible by subway
- The vibes (music, slacklining, rings and more)
- Not as “wild” or filled with greenery
3. Brooklyn Pick: Sebago Canoe Club
- Low cost
- kayaking in Jamaica Bay (technically Queens but you leave from Brooklyn)
- Not super accessible
- Club membership is waitlisted through 2022
4. Bronx Pick: Van Cortlandt Park
Learn more about the park here.
- Multi-sport (hike, bike, trail run, grill & chill)
- Long train ride if you’re not based nearby
- Biking up Broadway to get there is a little sketchy
- Can sometimes get crowded on weekends
5. Queens Pick: Rockaway Beach!
- There is a beach that’s in NYC! That’s so cool!
- The ocean, the beach, the surf