Featured Member BadgeMappy Hour Chapter Leader
About meI am a Durham native who loves to spend as much time as possible outside. My favorite season is fall, which is also when I find the most gourmet mushrooms. I have been a mushroom hunter for four years, and my favorite mushroom is Amanita jacksonii. I love to learn about herbalism, local history, and survival skills. When I am not working or looking for mushrooms, I am probably walking around the neighborhood, attempting to make a decent hard cider, or checking mushroom-related groups on Facebook.
- Reason for joining
- I want to join because it sounds awesome, and I love Durham and its wild places!
- What is your favorite outdoor sport?
- Stick Game (ask me about it)
- Where do you dream about adventuring?
- Thailand, Japan, Spain, Brazil
- What is your favorite local adventure?
- Exploring the waterfowl impoundment off of 54.
- What do you want to learn more about?
- How to achieve peace on an individual, local, and global scale.
- What are three words that describe why you love the outdoors?
- Mushrooms grow there!